New York Law Firm seeks Senior Desktop Engineer. The Senior Desktop Engineer is responsible for the design, maintenance, and administration of desktop systems. This includes desktop management systems, application distribution systems and methodologies, specification and testing of workstation equipment, development of workstation/laptop client processes and procedures, and management of application upgrades and installations. Also helps design and implement security, group policy, and antivirus efforts.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the design, installation, and management of the desktop management systems.
- Configure, test, and distribute new or upgraded applications and operating systems.
- Configure, test, and recommend new hardware platforms for workstations, laptops, and any necessary peripherals.
- Support and train department staff.
- Develop and document best practices, processes, and procedures related to all aspects of desktop support, software distribution, and desktop management.
- Work with other teams to support projects and initiatives.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 5-7 years experience in desktop and network field
- Must have Packaging and Altiris experience
- Microsoft MCSE Certification
- Knowledge and deep understanding of Altiris Client Management Systems
- MSI Technologies (Wise Package Studio or Installshield)
- Windows 7 experience
- Scripting skills (VB and\or Powershell)
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong project management skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the firm’s internal and personnel affairs.
- Must be a self-starter who understands the details within a much larger content
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
- Ability to work in a teamwork/collaborative style and environment.
- Must be creative and flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple, detailed tasks.
- Must be a team-oriented person who can share information, goals, opportunities, successes and failures with the appropriate parties
- Ability to organize, plan and carry out multiple related activities.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-office environment.