New York Law Firm seeks Junior Associates for their New York, New Jersey and San Francisco offices. Associate attorneys must have 1-5 years of corporate legal experience and a desire to transition to a career in business immigration. Must have some immigration experience.
• Provide advice and counsel to client in-house counsel, human resources personnel and foreign national employees in the area of federal immigration law for business immigration to the United States
• Assess eligibility of corporate foreign national employees for nonimmigrant and immigrant visa status in the United States.
• Work with client global mobility personnel and the office of general counsel to prepare petitions and applications for submission to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Department of Labor (DOL) for nonimmigrant and immigrant status for foreign national employees.
• Support clients in immigration program management and compliance.
• Supervise the work of paralegal staff in recordkeeping and document preparation.
• Other duties as required
Our legal teams seek intelligent self-starters with excellent written and oral communication skills who can be flexible to the demands that our clients and the constantly-changing landscape of business immigration present.
• U.S. JD required
• Admission to the State Bar
• Strong work ethic and experience with high volume workload