New York Law Firm seeks Practice Group Manager or Director for Finance and Real Estate, Energy and Bankruptcy Practice Group. This position includes frequent traveling along the east coast and some west coast travel. Candidates must have relevant Law Firm or professional services operations and management experience.
Responsibilties include, but are not limited to:
- Liaises with marketing department on matters relating to the practice group.
- Oversees the implementation of the client satisfaction program and feedback meetings
- Works with Library services to coordinate research and information needs for the practice group.
- Ensures appropriate processes are followed for management of conflicts and risk
- Sets up and oversees the resource allocation process
- Ensures coordination of appropriate knowledge management activities
- Facilitates time entry, billing and collection.
- Tracks monthly recorded hours and partner financial performance.
- Works with Associate Recruiting & Development.
- Coordinates and administers evaluation process
- Monitors CLE and State Bar association registrations.
- Works with recruiting to coordinate lateral hiring documentation and interviews.
- Coordinates the partner candidate process
- Prepare potential lateral partner hire reports.
- Coordinates budgeting and business planning.
- Oversees compilation of information, analyzes data and creates monthly financial reports for the PG.
- Schedules and prepares for group orientations, training, retreats, and quarterly meetings
- Ability to get others to collaborate.
- Creativity in developing solutions.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree.
- Advanced quantitative skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- JD or Master’s degree a plus