New York law firm seeks a Human Resource Manager. The Human Resource Manager is responsible for the delivery of all aspects of human resource management in the New York office to include ensuring that the lawyers have the appropriate level of trained administrative staffing needed in order for them to meet the needs of the firm’s clients. In addition, the Human Resource Manager is responsible for ensuring that human resource policies and procedures are followed while maintaining the firm’s business goals.
Responsiblities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides leadership and direction to New York support staff.
- Plans, directs and manages all aspects of support staff management including hiring, development, supervision and performance management.
- Develops implements and administers the management of staff relations to maintain a positive, satisfying work environment.
- Assists the Office Administrator with budget process as well as any other projects assigned by the Office Administrator.
- Ensures that all department files including personnel files are maintained adhering to established firm-wide practices.
- Develops and coordinates employee relations and office training programs and events including social events, wellness events, new hire orientation, etc.
- Assists with firm-wide projects as necessary.
- Conducts exit interviews with staff and ensures that established exit procedures are followed..
- Maintains an attitude and philosophy consistent with the firm’s standards.
- Works closely with the firm-wide Benefits Department in Atlanta to provide information to lawyers and staff in the New York Office and to ensure that benefit programs are administered in accordance with established procedure.
- Works closely with the firm-wide administrative Officers, Directors and Managers to ensure that firm-wide practices and procedures are followed. And that firm-wide objectives and goals are achieved.
Skills and Education:
- Must possess significant knowledge of management-employee relations; the principles, practices and procedures of Human Resource Management as well as a significant knowledge of pertinent federal and state employment regulations.
- Must possess considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of office management, preferably law office management
- Must possess strong supervisory skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess sound budget management skills.
- Must have the ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with both lawyers and staff.
- Must be able to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Must be detail oriented with strong analytical skills with the ability to focus on specifics and the whole picture.
- Must possess strong time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects and work independently.
- Must possess strong collaborative leadership and management skills with strong ability to work in a team environment.
- Must possess a high level of flexibility and adaptability as well as the ability to manage and support change in a fast paced environment.
- Must have at least five years’ previous human resource management experience working in a professional services firm, preferably a law firm with a bachelor’s degree or any combination of experience and education that demonstrates the ability to perform the job.