New York Law Firm seeks Senior Network Engineer to develop and support the LAN,WAN telephone infrastructure in a large law firm environment. The Senior Network Engineer would implement and support the hardware, software and facilities required to meet the network requirements of the firm.
- Coordinate a small team of engineers working on complex projects.
- Manage large scale projects.
- Design and Implement Local Area Networks, to provide a high level of availability and performance.
- Design and implement Wide Area Network solutions that provide a high level of availability and performance.
- Design and implement telephone solutions that provide a high level of availability and performance. This includes IP and non-IP systems.
- Provide engineering/operational support for all LAN,WAN and Telephone systems used by the Firm worldwide on a 24 x 7 basis.
- Design and implement network security systems that protect our networks from mailware.
- Design and administer the network addressing scheme for both internal and external networks.
- Design and implement Internet Access for all offices worldwide. This may include designing proxy servers.
Exp & Skill Requirememnts
- Degree in computer science/Network Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience doing network engineering and support in a high availability/high performance shop.
- Excellent planning and troubleshooting skills a must.
- Needs to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Min 3 yrs exp managing large scale, complex projects.
- Cisco CCNP or CCIE certification in Routing and Switches, Design Network Security or Voice.
- In depth knowledge of OSI protocols.
- In depth knowledge of Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewalls and IP Telephony.
- Knowledge of Nortel Phone Systems
- In depth knowledge of Layer 1-7 TCP/IP protocols including BGP.
- In depth knowledge of MPLS Networks including QoS.
- In depth knowledge of VoIP
- Indepth knowledge of Cisco network equipment including switches, routers, firewalls, and VoIP products with a proven track record in setting up and maintaining a large scale network using these products.
- Cisco certification – in switching and networking. Will also consider a strong CCNA .
- Knowledge of servers and workstations including specific knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems.