Prominent Law Firm in New York City is seeking a Supervisor of Cash Application and Analysis :
Chief Responsibilities include:
• Direct supervision of one Sr. Cash Application Coordinator and one Cash Application Coordinator in the New York headquarters.
• Supervision of the daily cash receipts process which includes the organization, identification, and application of all domestic and international cash receipts.
• Work closely with the Finance Mgrs and Office Administrators from the National and International Offices to ensure that all cash receipts are reported and recorded properly.
• Provide the Firm with verbal notifications of our current daily collections throughout the day and as requested/instructed during the Fiscal Year end (Countdown).
• Interface with the Partnership and Admin. Staff to facilitate any necessary actions such as contacting clients, conducting research, and providing analysis of applications.
• Work closely with the Controller and Accounting Mgr with escrow deposits, transfers and applications.
• Establish and maintain a filing system for the Daily Cash Receipts.
• Maintain and issue the Daily Cash and Billing Reports at the end of each business day.
• Timely follow up to requests; including the immediate notification of any problematic accounts to the Partners and the Billing & Collections Director.
• Coordination of Audit Letter information.
• Work with external auditors during the Annual Audit.
• Create and maintain Cash Application procedures including the creation of a guide.
• Other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels of firm personnel and client contacts
• Proficiency in Excel and Elite Enterprise (3.6 or higher)
• Strong attention to details and organizational skills; must be able to work under pressure (especially during the Fiscal Year end)
• Proactive and results-oriented with comprehensive analytical and problem-solving skills
• 5-7 years of related financial experience in a professional service organization; law firm experience a strong plus