The Data Architect uses Microsoft SQL Server and related tools to manipulate, store, surface, and manage the firm’s data to enhance the business-related operations and financial reporting of the firm.
- Devise an integration, storage, maintenance, and security strategy for the firm’s business-related data.
- Design, implement, and maintain SQL queries, stored procedures, views, and user-defined functions, both traditional T-SQL and .NET managed code.
- Design, implement, and maintain a proprietary data warehouse to store compiled data.
- Design, implement, and maintain SQL Server Integration Services jobs to extract, transform, combine and load data across a broad spectrum of business application relational databases, including accounting, human resources, legal personnel, marketing, etc.
- Design, implement, and maintain SQL Server Analysis Services cubes to compile data into logical components for analysis, processing, and reporting purposes.
- Design, implement, and maintain Excel macros and PowerPivot tables to surface data in Microsoft Excel.
- Design, implement, and maintain report templates in Crystal Reports format for financial report generation.
- Analyze financial data and assist with the processing of data for external auditors and similar business needs.
- Perform light ASP.NET and Windows Form programming as needed for data processing and reporting. Collaborate with and oversee the full-time programmers for heavier programming work.
- Interface with team members, other accounting groups, the IT department, and other firm personnel to gather requirements and to support the accounting technology of the firm.
- Analyze the business requirements of the firm as related to its business data needs. Evaluate and implement new software to fulfill those needs.
- Create and maintain automated SQL Server Agent jobs and Elite Extend alert jobs. Monitor jobs for failures and issues, and remedy as needed.
- Perform routine data maintenance tasks, such as archiving and destroying legacy data in accordance with the firm’s data retention policy.
- Advise and collaborate with IT to maintain the data infrastructure of the firm.
- Perform routine tasks as required to maintain, process, and report the firm’s financial data.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or 2012, including:
- Transact-SQL (DDL and DML)
- SQL Server Integration Services
- SQL Server Analysis Services
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- Microsoft Excel 2010 or 2013, including:
- Visual Basic for Applications
- PowerPivot and DAX
- Crystal Reports
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 or 4.5, including:
- Entity Framework
- Ability to collaborate and work well with team members, other accounting groups, the IT department, and other firm personnel.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Possesses a technical aptitude and a deep understanding of database technologies.
- Possesses a basic understanding of the business operations of the firm, including billing, collections, accounts payable, general ledger accounting, financial reporting, marketing, new business intake, personnel administration, etc.
- Member of the Financial Systems group within the Accounting department.
- Reports to the Manager of Business Systems, who in turn reports to the Director of Finance.