POSITION: TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT ANALYST/TRAINER
LOCATION: NEW YORK
Under direction of supervisors, performs a variety of computer support duties including: provide advanced technical and informational assistance
to users of the A&B computer network; install software on PC’s and laptops; provide assistance to remote users and assistance with advanced
Microsoft Office applications; provide support for various audio/video functions; provide one-on-one support to users. Coordinate, schedule, train
and orientate personnel in all aspects of computer operations and office procedures; write, edit and update computer handbooks and
• Provide telephone and in-person support to user requests for assistance with all aspects of firm’s (A&B’s) systems and applications.
Provide Tier-2 level support on all software/application problems and issues.
• Install new software packages on both firm PC’s and laptop computers
• Assist users in simplifying everyday computer-related tasks and other shortcuts for various repetitive tasks.
• Perform daily problem ticket management including ticket monitoring, review, assignment, troubleshooting, resolution and closure. Ensure
tickets are updated timely with relevant and detailed information.
• Train and orientate all employees on firm policies, procedures, operations, office layout, computer/laptops and phone systems.
* Check classroom equipment/environment i.e., lights, computers, display devices, facility layout, etc. Prepare the classroom: training manuals,
handouts, sign-in sheet, etc.
* Development and scheduling of training in response to technical and professional development needs based on new technologies and tracked
inquiries into the Help Center.
* Maintain an atmosphere of continuous learning through development of presentations, workshops, internal communication, FAQ’s, Q&A’s, Tips
and Tricks, etc.
* Assist in the evaluation and preparation of training formats, manuals, handouts, quick reference cards and documentation customized for A&B
• Stay abreast of new and emerging technologies and evaluate new software packages, tools and upgrades to existing software packages that may
prove useful to the firm.
* Assist with special projects and/or requests (ex. advanced features in software/application).
• Communicate with staff/attorneys to coordinate audio/visual needs for meetings in NYC Conference rooms.
• Setup and operate videoconference equipment during meetings.
• Assist with training staff and attorneys on use of audio/visual equipment for on/off site events.
• Perform routine support on computers, printers, and other peripherals, connecting to wireless network, clearing paper jams, replacing toner
cartridges, relocation and/or temporary setup of computer equipment, etc.
• Perform other departmental duties as required by supervisors.
Ability to communicate effectively with computer users regarding problems and questions. Ability to understand and translate technical material
for non-technical users. Excellent organizational skills for prioritizing projects. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and current Microsoft
server and PC operating systems. Knowledge of graphics software and relational databases. General knowledge of computer networking. Ability
to quickly learn new applications and upgrades to existing applications.
* Repetitive motions – substantial movements of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
* Crouching, kneeling, standing, climbing, stooping, walking, pushing, pulling and lifting (lifting to include movement of personal computers,
monitors and laser printers).
* Talking – expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word. Ability to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers
* Hearing – ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Ability to understand procedures and instructions specific to the area of assignment as would be acquired during four years of high school.
Associates or Bachelors degree is not required but preferred. Previous experience of 3 – 5 years of related experience. Previous experience in the
legal field preferred.